Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sabrina's birthday card to Jonathan

Dear Jonathan,
It is your birthday sweet angel. I remember counting down the days until you were born and going to Serendipity with mom for her "last ice cream sundae" each day the week before she delivered. I remember hearing your birth announced over the loud speaker at Horace Mann when I was in the first grade, and racing home to meet my new baby brother. I remember your kisses and your bear hugs, and your language badanguage. I remember birthday dinners at the Palm and Nobu 57 to celebrate your being home after college, and missing you so much when you were at Emory. I remember dancing with you at my sweet 16, and you taking the microphone to sing La Bamba when you were 4 years old at our cousins wedding. I remember reading your scripts that you were always so excited about, and getting a new album or book from you whenever you discovered a new artist or interesting idea. I remember YOUR ideas- because there were so big- everything about you was bigger than life. I remember how you never gave up and how you loved "the family", our family, more than anything and thought we could do anything. I remember your love for Chase and Cooper and your excitement for the "miracles" of their lives. I remember you, my brother for eternity, and I wish more than anything that you were here so that we could toast you on your birthday.
Love always, Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment